Friday, January 4, 2008

CYYJ-CYXY Coast to Coast


I'm on a new trek now. It's the VIVA Coast to Coast Air Expedition put on by Vancouver Island Virtual Airlines. http://www.vanisleva.com/index.php.


Basically we fly across Canada, stopping at all provincial and territorial capital cities, as well as the national capital. We are to fly in one plane the whole time. For this I finally decided to take the CJ1. Some of the legs are short so I figured this would be best for this. I was going to take the Citation X, but it's just too fast for something like this.


The route is...

(taken from the forum)

The capitals are (in order to be flown to) 1 Victoria (CYYJ - the starting point), 2 Whitehorse (CYXY), 3 Yellowknife (CYZF), 4 Edmonton (CYEG), 5 Regina (CYQR), 6 Winnipeg (CYWG), 7 Toronto (CYTZ, CYYZ if needed), 8 Ottawa (CYOW), 9 Quebec (CYQB), 10 Fredericton (CYFC), 11 Charlottetown (CYYG), 12 Halifax (CYHZ), 13 St. John's (CYYT) and finally 14 Iqaluit (CYFB).


So I have departed Victoria and I am airborne now. This is one of the longer legs of the flight and pushing the range of the CJ1. I'm going to have to watch my fuel on this leg.

No comments: