Friday, January 4, 2008

Leg one done - CYXY Whitehorse



The first leg is done. The flight wasn't too bad until I had to land. As I approached it was very bad visibility. As I made my way down from 8600 feet down to 7700 feet it started to clear up enough to see the Rwy. I kicked off auto and tried to hand land as I always do.








Suddenly the weather went really bad and I couldn't see anything. I tried to follow my interments in, but I just couldn't get lined up and I new the ground was coming up very soon.

I decided it was not safe as I heard the FO call out 500 feet. I couldn't see a thing. It's time to go around and try again. Gear up, flaps up Throttle to 75% power.






The Second time is the Charm, this time I kept the auto on a little longer and made sure I could see the runway. Touchdown, nice and smooth. I'm so glad I did a go around. I don't think it would have been a pretty picture if I had tried on the first attempt.






No comments: