Monday, August 25, 2008

YSSY-KILN The Long Haul Challenge update


Wow, I've been doing this for almost 8 hours already. It looks like there is still almost 10hours to go. The fuel on landing hasn't gone up as much as I would like it too and now I've got a 10kts wind on the nose. That shouldn't last too long (I hope). The sun is starting to come up in front of me as I make my way towards the West Coast of North America.


I've used 183,000lbs of fuel so far.

4574nm to go


I might have to roll down the window and put a sail up or something. I'm not as tired as I was earlier, but I'm sure I will be soon.
Update:
Well it's not looking good for landing at KILN. My fuel burn is way up as I've been fighting a head wind for a while now. The wind hasn't been too strong, but enough to burn up any reserves I was hoping for. I may have to decide if I want to try and land at KILN or pick an alt. and land there with more fuel on reserve.

1 comment:

altstiff said...

I'm doing my semi annual trans Atlantic to EGLL from KBOS. I'm just about to cross the OYSTR fix and head out over the ocean.

Can't imagine how you do tose long flights, six hours is anough to bag me!