Saturday, December 15, 2007

The Day After


It's finally over. I'm a little sad now, I'm guess the "High" of it all has worn off. This was a lot of fun planning and making this journey. Mind you, I wasn't that way at 5:30 am watching old TV shows while Jason was all snug in his bed, sound asleep. At that time I was thinking I was crazy. Funny thing, I almost fell asleep in the chair. I closed my eyes for a moment, then suddenly woke up 2 min later. I scared myself, it felt like I was out for longer. I think I was actually sleeping for a moment.
Here's the Flight on Vatsim
http://www.vataware.com/flight.cfm?id=514493

Thanks for your support everyone.


It was great when I was landing in Toronto, there was 4 or 5 other Air Canada planes on the ground. I also had full atc. On approach there was a plane, I think and airbus 340, but not too sure who was cleared for departure just before me. From my perspective, there didn't look like he had a whole lot of time before I would be on top of him. Once he was cleared, he got on the rwy and rolled right away, which was nice to see. I had my hand on the throttle for a go around. Then I was clear to land, he was no more than 700feet agl, when I touched down at the other end. Felt like real traffic! It's aways much more exciting when there is lots of traffic around. Oh one cute stat: My ETA at Toronto was originally 21:05. By the time I touched down and taxied to the gate, time was - 21:05....

How's that for bringing them in on time!

Other stats:

Block Time: 18.2

Flight time: 17.9

Take off Weight: 737,911 lbs

Taxi Weight: 737,999 lbs

Dep IAS: 193kts

Arr IAS: 139kts

Landing Weight: 453,028 lbs

Fuel Out: 352989 lbs

Block Fuel: 286586 lbs

Distance: 8394nm

Vertical Speed: -431 ft/min


I didn't fall asleep right away last night, I was tired but I think I was over tired by that point.


Turns out I didn't fly today. I kind of took the day off. I did find what was causing my CTD. It was some Ontario Farmland scenery that was causing it. I don't know if it was just conflicting with other scenery, but when I put the scenery in, boom CTD.
PS. Sorry about all the spelling and grammar errors. English was never my strong subject, especially staying up all night and trying to type an account of it. I should have it spell check more often. lol


No comments: