Thursday, December 13, 2007

YSSY-CYYZ charity flight


Well tonight is the big flight. For those that don't know I am planning on flying non stop from YSSY (Sydney Australia to CYYZ Toronto Canada about 8500nm) using Flight Simulator 9. The flight will be on vatsim as an online flight. I will post my flight number soon. During the flight I will try and post some screen shots. Departure will be around 3:30am EST. and landing in CYYZ around 9:30pm EST.

I'm just doing some testing now to make sure Flight Sim won't crash. I was doing a flight from KDEN to CYYZ (close to the route I would be entering YYZ from) and flight sim CTD. Not sure why so I have disabled all scenery except ultimate terrains and yyz scenery. Too bad because flight sim has been running really nice up to now. I did a 15 hour flight and 14 hour flight in the last 2 weeks

It doesn't look like I will be doing allot of fund raising on this flight but I plan on doing this flight again next year with lots of prep work done. This time it was too spur of them moment to try and arrange anything. I mean really who would donate money to someone they don't know and trust the charity will get the money.

I will post the charity and ask people to donate directly the charity this time. My goal is to raise money for The Sick Kids Foundation in Toronto.
http://www.sickkids.ca/

For donation, you can donate directly to them at:

http://www.sickkidsfoundation.com/donate/

For the flight I will be flying the PSS 777-200LR. The flight looks to be about 18 1/2 hours depending on winds. I will be receiving a real world flight plan from a friend tonight just like the big boys get. I will post all the details of the flight later in terms of distance etc.

Stay tuned for more later.

grrrr, I keep getting ctd now when coming into cyyz. I hope I can get this fixed. I may have to re install the 777. I think it has something to do with the magdec.blg or the fmc in the pss. There have been some issues.
UPDATE:
I'm only 6 hours away and I'm still trying to figure out why I get CTD on approach into CYYZ. The sim has been running great up to today. Go figure. I am doing another test with no Ultimate Terrain Can/USA in to see if that works. My only other thing to try is move the sim date to Dec 21 to use winter textures.

No comments: