Friday, December 14, 2007

LAND HO!!!!



Or is that Land HA! To be politically correct. Right... it's LAND HO!!!!





1902nm to go as I approach KLAX. I'm just about to go Feet Dry in a couple of minutes. It's been a long flight up till now. Looks like I will be close to landing on schedule. Time now is 5pm Toronto time.

The weather in Toronto doesn't look to be too promising. Wind gust up too 28kts. I might be using my alt.


There is a huge storm moving in this way and we could end up with record snow falls in my area (outside of Toronto). Even my Alt. airport looks like the weather could be bad. I think I might just get in under the wire before the bad weather: METAR CYYZ 142100Z 32015G24KT 15SM BKN031 M03/M09 A3026 RMK SC6 SLP256

Flight Rule:
VFR (CYYZ)
Wind Speed:
17 mph / 28 km/h / 7.7 m/s
Wind Dir:
320° (NW)
Ceiling:
3100 ft / 944 m



not bad yet, but looks like I'll be riding the auto pilot in longer than I would like too.


At this time I would like to remind anyone who is reading this (I hope it's not just me) of why I'm doing this flight. I can't loose track of the true meaning and cause for this flight. This flight is for The Hospital for Sick Children

http://www.sickkids.ca/

http://www.sickkidsfoundation.com/donate/


Don't forget to donate to this wonderful organization. If you do please post so I can thank you. Feel free to comment with your thoughts. (plus if you do it means I'm not in hear all alone)lol


Not long now!

I'm 1138nm out now and I'm starting to work on my arrival. I'm really tire, so I have to triple check all my entries into the FMC. If the weather stays, I will arrive on 33R (at least I believe they are active right now).
METAR CYYZ 142300Z 32015KT 15SM FEW035 M05/M12 A3035 RMK SC1 SLP285

No comments: